Call for proposals:The Journal of Social Studies Research
The Journal of Social Studies Research
Call for Manuscripts
Research on International Social Studies Education: PreK-College
The Journal of Social Studies Research is an internationally recognized peer-reviewed journal designed to foster the dissemination of ideas and research findings related to the social studies. JSSR is the official publication of The International Society for the Social Studies (ISSS).
Manuscripts are invited for a special issue of the journal on the theme of Research on International Social Studies Education: PreK-College. The speical issue will be edited by Jing Williams, University of South Dakota.
We invite manuscripts on research examining the global perspective within the social studies field beyond the United States in PreK-college settings. Reports of original social studies research should include a review of the relevant literature, a description of the methodology, a summary of the findings, and a discussion of implications for social studies practice in an educational setting.
We are currently soliciting abstracts for proposed papers for the special issue. Abstracts should be no longer than 300 words and be accompanied by up to six keywords. Inquiries regarding article ideas are welcome.
Deadline for submission of abstract: April 15, 2019
Authors receive invitation to submit full manuscript: April 30, 2019
Deadline for submission of full papers to JSSR online system: October 1, 2019
Email abstracts and keywords to the guest editor [Jing.Williams@usd.edu] by April 15, 2019. Please put 'Abstract Journal of Social Studies Research' in the subject.
Full papers are expected to be between 20-35 pages (please refer to the journal website for full 'instruction for authors'). Each submission will be rigorously refereed using a double-blind peer review process with reviewers from relevant disciplines. Please not: positive review of an abstract does not mean automatic acceptance of the full paper. In the event the full paper is not written to the standards of the reviewers and editors, the full paper will not be accepted for publication. Full submission will be submitted via the online submission system (www.TheJSSR.com).
1. Be original and type-written in English.
2. Not be under consideration with any other journal.
3. Be submitted via email as an email attachment; paper copies will not be accepted.
4. Be in Microsoft Word format.
5. Be between 20-35 pages, occasionally longer manuscripts will be considered.
6. Be typed using 12-font, Times New Roman, and double-spaced.
7. Adhere to the guidelines of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA).
8. Include an abstract of 200 words or less.
9. Include a title page with author's contact information. If the manuscript has more than one author, please indicate which author is acting as the contact person.
10. Include a statement indicating that the manuscript has not been published elsewhere and is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
11. Include a statement stating that copyright will be given to The Journal of Social Studies Research should it be published.
The lead author of accepted manuscript will receive one complimentary PDF version of the article. Extra print copies of the journal are available through Elsevier.
The Journal of Social Studies Research reserves the right to make editorial changes in style and format.
January 7, 2019 - Disseminate Call for Manuscripts
April 15, 2019 - Deadline for submission of abstract
April 30, 2019 - Accepted authors receive invitation to submit full manuscript
October 1, 2019 - Deadline to Submit Full Manuscripts
December/January 2019/20 - Authors Notified of Decisions
February 2020 - Deadline for Revised Manuscripts
Summer/Fall 2020 - Speical Issue Published
Jing Williams, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Social Studies Education
Chair, International Assembly of the NCSS
School of Education
Unviersity of South Dakota
414 E. Clark St.
Vermillion, SD 57069
Office: (605) 677-6221
Dates: 1/23/2019 - 4/15/2019